Job Search Tips
Job Search Tips
In order to maximize your chances during the job search process, la Vie en Rose recommends following these few tips and tricks :
1. Inform yourself
- During a job search, it is important to do some research on the positions available and the company. You can find relevant information about la Vie en Rose directly on our website: www.lavieenrose.com. We also recommend you visit our Careers section to view all the Job opportunities!
- Take the time to think about important factors during your search such as: your mobility, availability, salary expectations, interests, the type of job you are looking for, etc.
2. Prepare your CV
- Verify that the job description of the posting corresponds to your job search criteria and your interests.
- Review your CV and make sure it includes your most recent work experience. Write your cover letter; it should be clear, concise, and original.
- Highlight your experience and the strengths that are relevant to the position.
- Stand out! Your CV should not be too long. It needs to draw our attention. Only highlight the most important points. Use action verbs to describe the responsibilities of your previous jobs. Your CV should indicate your professional experience, your training, your interests and your career objectives. watch out for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date (address, phone number, email).
3. Apply online
- Once your CV is ready, consult our Careers section and apply online by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Create your profile now
- You will receive a confirmation message following the reception of your CV.
- Keep the job description close at hand. If we call you for a phone interview, you will be able to easily find the information concerning the position and perform well during your interview.
- Your CV will be sent to human resources.
- Your application will be evaluated.
- Human resources will contact the selected applicants.
4. Excel during your interview
- If you are selected for an interview, please come well prepared.
- Write down the date, time and location of the meeting. Find out about the company and the position offered by visiting the website and the Careers page.
- Review the most frequently asked interview questions on the various internal sites.
- Prepare questions; you will have the opportunity to ask them at the end of the interview.
- Highlight your strengths and important accomplishments.
- Prepare the names and phone numbers of your references.
- Be yourself ! The interview is your chance to show us who you are! If you think you are the right person for the job, we would like to meet that person during the interview. Simply be yourself: share your experience and show your personality during the interview.